This last week I have been very ill. Most days I was hardly able to get out of bed let alone do the things required of me on a daily basis. Yet, I did. As a parent of two with no help, no matter how sick I was I still had to get up everyday, get my kids to school, pick them up on the days they had to stay late and make sure there was food in the house for them to eat. As much as I would have given all that I have to stay home in bed, I also had to go to work everyday. Because I am a contract worker I don’t get paid if I do not work, and being a single parent, I need to work.
All this being said there are so many things I miss about being having a significant other such as:
1. Having a shoulder to cry on for whatever reason;
2. Having the second income so I can take a day off when needed;
3. Having someone to cook for me and take care of me when I need it or just because;
4. Having someone to take care of all the little things, and some of the big things, around the house because they have a clue what they are doing.
5. Having someone to hold my hand;
6. Having a hand to hold;
7. Having romantic love
I miss these things and so much more. However, when asked, if my ex ever got himself together would I take him back? The answer without question is a definitive NO. I miss so many things about married life but in a million years I would never go back to my married life the way it was. I would rather be sick every day of my life then do that again.
“Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.”